Welcome to Dunsmuir Recreation & Parks!
Sitting beside the Upper Sacramento River and nestled in a pine, oak, and cedar forest, the Dunsmuir City Park is not what you think of when you hear the word “park.”
Our Park is a refuge from the hurly-burly of our busy lives. It’s a place where you can fish in a blue ribbon trout stream. Or where children can run and play on safe playground equipment.
It is also a place for small picnics with a few close friends … or large parties with a 100 or more celebrants… a sacred place to sanctify a marriage and celebrate the union afterward.
Our Park is a place of great beauty with a rainbow of colors during three seasons… and a blanket of white in winter.
Starting in the spring, theBotanical Gardens are a feast for the eyes as dogwood trees, wild azaleas, Shasta lilies, rhododendrons and countless other flowering plants burst into bloom.
In autumn the park colors dramatically change to golden yellow, mellow orange and vibrant red as leaves begin to fall. Even in the winter the falling snow lends its own touch of beauty to the area.
Our Park is a magical place. Please explore it by taking a virtual tour of the links to the left.
- Babe Ruth’s place in the Park’s history
- Seeing our local teams play football & baseball – and how you can use our field for your tournaments
- The largest outdoor pool in Siskiyou County
- Special events in the park and the Community Center Building
- How you can use our facilities for weddings, picnics, parties, and special events.
Then – most important – come and visit our Park in person… and have it become your Part to return to again and again.